Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Governor's Island

The day before the 4th of July we skipped downtown in search of flags and a ferry to Governor's Island. We're moving back west at the end of the Summer and I've got myself a little bucket list begging to be accomplished. I've heard for years that Governor's Island was a win and after spending a full and fabulous day adventuring around the place I would have to agree (and also wonder what's taken me so long to get there). There were no less than ten times during this trip that I turned to James and said, "Seriously? This is my new favorite place in NYC!" It's that perfect, promise.  

After a short ferry ride we found ourselves in line to get free bike rentals so that island adventuring could begin. There are bike trails around the whole island and Talmage was in ride-really-fast wonderland. This boy loves the city but really he loves space to be a crazy little boy.

Daddy took shift one with T and I took shift one with these two. Everett blew bubbles and generally entertained our little buck-tooth Quinn the whole time. I won the jackpot with that Quinny-baby. She got all her screams out the first six months of her life and since has pretty much been the best {busy} human being who ever existed. I love her!


I took round two with T, and of course took pictures! I haven't ridden a bike since I was serving a mission in Taiwan and it felt so empowering to be back in the saddle. Not to mention those views! And no one screaming at T for riding too fast (I'm looking at you Central Park)! I could have biked those trails for hours.   


Ice cream and free mini golf were next on our to-do list. The mini-golf course was eclectic and hilarious and pretty much impossible to play, but that didn't stop my littles from hitting the ball over and over and over again. Quinn wants to do anything the boys are doing, but this time she settled for climbing into stranger's strollers in search of snacks.

Since Ever Knight and Miss Quinn were too little for bike riding we decided to rent a Surrey and show them the sights. This was the funnest thing ever, especially since the kids were in giggle-heaven. It made me think that having a car is going to be so much fun because I legitimately like us squished together in a tiny space.

Quinny in the duck helmet though? I would seriously have paid 20 times what I did for a Surrey ride just to get a picture of that baby in that helmet. Dream boat, that one! Such a happy little dream boat!

Oh yes, and lest you think I didn't get five million pictures of all five of us on that bad boy, scroll on my friend:





The five Wigs with the city we all love (me most of all, let's be real honest!) I'm sure I'll fill this blog with sappy words soon, but for now let it be known that you have my heart NYC.

Ever has made a habit of falling asleep in random spots and at random times lately, but T hasn't done this in years. We really wore them out and seriously had the very best time!

No comments:

Post a Comment