Friday, July 3, 2015

Coney Island on the 1st day of summer break

Talmage really wanted to go to Coney Island on his last day of school but since Daddy had to work we decided to go on Saturday when we could go together and have a family day. We had such a great time. The last time we were here I was pregnant with Ever and T had just turned two (pictures here) and it was so fun to be here again 4 1/2 years later, with three kids in tow. Talmage loved it just as much as he did when he was two, except this time I talked him into going on an upside-down roller coaster with me. I must admit, babies are cute and cuddly but it's kinda fun when kids can play with you too! Here are a few pictures from our day:

Quinny-girl is as fun as any ride and as sweet as cotton candy. She's such a good girl and was just happy as can be watching her brothers skip from ride to game to ride!

One more of this little lady because look at her teeth! Her first tooth was the top right (that came in the same day T lost his top right tooth), the second was her bottom left, the third was her top left and I think her bottom right is trying to break through. What a funny and adorable little mouth!

The boys on their first rollercoaster. They were so brave and loved it, though neither were quite sure if they ever wanted to go on it again!

They love the swings and I think they're the scariest ride in the world! These were Ev's fav by far!

Quinny and Daddy just hanging out together. He loves that baby like I've never seen him love a baby before--this daddy/daughter thing is legit!

They weren't big enough to drive their own race cars but this pretend one sufficed. Luckily!


We're trying to set a record for riding every Carousel that ever existed, I think we're getting close.



Nathan's original hot dogs: the greatest over-priced hot dogs you'll ever eat. (But just in case you want to know my opinion, Gray Papaya wins for sure.)

The kind lady behind the counter split one order of cotton candy onto two sticks and I wanted to call her supervisor and sing her praises. Those boys LOVED having their own treat!


Me and my sweet baby girl!

The girl Wigs standing in front of the game where the boy Wigs each won a minion with their fine water-shooting abilities. 

The day was cold and breezy but I turned my head for a second and the boys were sitting in the ocean! They said the water was really warm but I was not about to test it myself! They had so much fun chasing waves and building castles.

A re-creation of a picture I took of this boy 4 1/2 years ago. Where has the time gone?

James loves him some funnel cake, which the kids called sugary french fries!

"Dat was so scawy. Dat was so scawy. Mom, do you see dat wide? It was weawy fun to do dat tummy fing but it was stiw weawy scawy!" said Everett when he saw this picture!

Ever fell asleep on the subway ride home, something we all wished we could have done. What a great first day of summer and great indication of the fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment