Saturday, October 29, 2016

A Day in San Diego

Cross country has pretty much ruled our Saturday's for the past few months so when we found out T had a day off we decided to sleep in and enjoy a quiet  wake up super early and head down to San Diego for a day of adventuring. During the month of October kids can go to the San Diego Zoo for free and since we have about a million dollars worth of children this was the perfect time for us to check it out! Grandma Winnie and Bruce are members of the Zoo, so they met us their and had fun together.


This was absolutely, positively and totally my favorite moment of the day. Especially since right after this picture was taken the mom was totally over nursing and just walked off and the baby went running after her, begging for more. It was hilarious!

Grandma Winnie has a fan!

The next grouping of pictures cracks me up. Talmage has decided that he LOVES having his picture taken, but only if he gets to pose himself. Each of these were his idea, which is adorable! He even got Ev in on the action. I just wish he'd give me a better smile when the picture location was my idea!








After the Zoo we went to an old 50's diner called Corvette's. James has fond memories of eating at this restaurant as a child, and now our kids will have those same feelings because this place was AWESOME and they can't stop talking about it.  Shoot, I can't stop talking about it! There were dancing waitresses donning beehives, there were greasy Elvis burgers and chocolate malts and there was even a live DJ spinning some sweet oldies (and taking requests, Blue Moon was our pick). I can't wait to go back! 

I bet you'll never guess what they ordered. Oh, what? A grilled cheese and a hot dog? Fries and orange soda? The same thing they order everywhere we go? Why yes, you are right!


Also at Corvette's? A full arcade! Yep, little boy heaven!

This may sound crazy, but after the super fun day we had my favorite part was probably the ten minutes we spent walking around the San Diego temple on our way home. It was so peaceful and beautiful and as I took this picture of my sweet baby girl with that gorgeous house of the Lord I couldn't help but feel pure joy. I love being a Mormon.  


So glad that families are forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment