Saturday, October 15, 2016

Shoes with BA

The original plan was for BA to get shoes that were tall enough so that her walk wasn't wonky with her left-foot boot. She got a nice pair of black ones that she wore for about 30 minutes outside of the store before realizing that returning those ugly puppies was the only sensible solution. (I did not, in fact, think they were ugly but I did, in fact, urge the return after hearing that they were almost $200. Crazy! $200 for something you adore, maybe. But for something you can't really stand, not even!!!)

The trip was far from a waste of time, however, because Quinny picked out a pair of pink and purple sneaks after the shoe store attendant measured her foot and we learned that the size 7's I was squeezing her into were 2 1/2 sizes too small. She's a 9 1/2 or 10, can you believe it? She's grown 2 1/2 sizes in 3 1/2 months and now I know that her "Owie Mommy! Shoe hurts!" comments were not those of a dramatic two-year-old but rather of a girl whose toes were curling under. This girl and her feet are keeping me on my toes, hopefully I can keep up.

And since these are now her absolute only shoes that fit she wore them to church. Fashion statement or proof that her Mama needs a helper?...you decide. Hoping to hit up Carters this week, but for now she's looking pretty dang great in those sneaks.

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your site. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an email if interested. Thanks!
    wigs

    ReplyDelete