Thursday, October 20, 2016

To Sequim and the Strait

We had two major animal adventures on our Washington trip--one was to the Game Farm in Sequim and the other was whale watching on the Strait. The Olympic Game Farm is basically like a zoo that you drive through, but you get to feed the animals right out of your window. Some of the animals are in cages (big cats) and some are just fenced in (bears) but some walk right up to your car and say hello (buffalo, llamas, goats, deer, zebras). The animals at this farm are retired movie actors (and their prosperity) so they give you a good show as you mosey along. That bear totally had my number and knew that every time he waved at me he'd get an endless supply of whole wheat bread (gone are the days of my childhood when we used to feed them Hostess cupcakes!) This was something I remembered doing and loving as a little kid and I am thrilled to report that it was just as good if not better as an adult. The belly laughs coming from our car...I just don't know if those can ever be replicated!

  












I can't believe we got to go whale watching. It was such a dream come true for both James and me and I'm so happy the kids got to experience it along with us. Talmage has already written a whole book at school about our whale watching adventure so I think we can definitely call this day a win! I was so nervous that we wouldn't see a darn thing but guess what? WE SAW WHALES! Dozens of orcas swimming and hanging out all around our boat. It was incredible and brought tears to my eyes. What a day!







Whale watchers!!! And good ones at that. James spotted the first whale!

The ONLY way to contain Quinny on that boat was to wear her! 

Such a sweet moment I was lucky enough to capture where T put his arm around Evie to help him use the binoculars to see the Coast Guard helicopter in the distance. I love those lucky brothers.


We all know that Quinn has a thing for all things purple so you can only imagine how hard it was to keep her from picking every single one of these pretty little numbers!

Washington made us all feel like this ^^^!

No comments:

Post a Comment