Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Life Lately

Quinn is such a great talker lately and her words make me smile big. She says "Yes!" with a slight lisp and if you hand her a toy or a treat she'll say, "Dank you much!" Today she said Talmage for the first time (she usually calls him T) and T and I sat at the table begging her to say it over and over again, we just couldn't stand the cuteness. She calls herself Penny or Pinny but if you call her that you have another thing coming. We have this conversation all of the time because again, cute!:
Me: What's your name?
Q: Pinny.
Me: Hi Pinny.
Q: No, Penny!
Me: Hi Penny.
Q: No, not Penny. PENNY!
Me: Quinny?
Q: Yep! 
When you put her to bed at night she says, "Hug! Kiss! Scratch!" and when Daddy is home he carries her like a sack of potatoes, a princess or an upside-down tick-tock clock (she gets to choose) and hearing those words come out of her smiling mouth is everything. A few days ago she was down for a nap and heard Cora crying in the front room and said, "Cokie Woberts is cwying!" and I couldn't help but laugh. My absolute favorite thing she says though is "I have wiccups" when what she really has is hiccups. This age really is one of my favorites and she is excelling at being adorable. And sassy.

Everett lost his first tooth last week at my hand, because maybe you don't know this about me but I absolutely ROCK at pulling out teeth. He lost his second tooth two days later of his own doing. He nonchalantly walked out of the bathroom and said, "I just wost anutho toof" and I seriously thought he was kidding until he held the shiny little thing up for me to inspect. Later he told me, "Aw I have to do to woose anutho tooth is get weawy mad at you. You made me do my job and cwean da bafwoom so I was so angwy dat I bit my shirt weawy hawd and bam, my toof few out." So maybe I should claim credit for both of those teeth after all? He still thinks wearing crazy socks to school is the coolest and you should see the color combinations this kid creates. I try to give him space to wear what makes him feel comfortable and confident, but I'd be lying if I said that sometimes I have to squint a little and bite my tongue when I see his "totawy awesome outfit!"

Speaking of clothes, one of my favorite things lately is that every night Ever Knight and T wear mismatched jammies so that they are matching. They are so proud of themselves and many times beg me to take a picture so that they'll always remember how cool this was. Those two boys are polar opposites and annoy each other worse than any other brothers on the planet, but boy are they the best of frenemies. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again (and mean it more than ever) those two are the luckiest to have each other.

Talmage is working on telling jokes, and I'm working on thinking they're funny. Sometimes he comes up with a good one, but he's definitely not mastered the art yet. He mostly says things like, "What do you get when you mix a star and a fish? Uh...starfish!" and then doesn't understand why I don't think it's funny. Guys, do you think that joke is funny? Maybe it's just me. Regardless, I think I need to do a better job faking it and encouraging him and being a little more motherly! Yesterday at dinner he was talking about how crazy it would have been if I had had four babies at once instead of just having Cora and said, "You would have been HUGE and someone might have asked you, "Are you pregnant?" and you would have said, "WHAT DO YOU THINK? OF COURSE I'm pregnant!" and between the intonation in his voice and his body movements and just the story in general, well you should have seen how hard I was laughing. So I have hope that the joke thing will work out soon. He's still really into his money collection and rock collection and now he's decided he wants to collect bottle caps too. He also has a few feathers, some pretty awesome Seattle seashells (that are not allowed to go in our family seashell collection, I learned the hard way) and some shark teeth he bought at Underwood Farms. I found a treasure box at the thrift store a while back and gave it to him as a "just because" gift and it is darling to see him baby that box and it's contents. We had his parent-teacher conference last week. Basically she said that T is compassionate, helpful, friendly, a leader, extremely bright but then came the kicker, "does he ever stop talking?" No, I'm sorry to tell you teacher that he does not. He has polyps on his vocal chords and we are having to see an ENT and speech pathologists and still that kid just jabbers away. Not enough hours in the day to say all the things swimming around in that smart brain of his!

Cora is at my favorite little baby stage. She is smiling and talking and just being delicious. She grabs onto me like a little Koala bear and I just want her to stay this sweet and little forever. She loves being held and playing with her toys but does not love tummy time or her car seat. She likes to be outside, a nose to her ticklish neck causes the greatest belly laughs and she thinks peek-a-boo is the funniest game ever invented. There is a soft spot in all of our hearts for that perfect baby girl. 


Daddy's are the greatest!

^^^Two babies. Different ages and stages. Lots of tears. Real life right now!^^^

Best biggest brother.

My daily view on our way to get the boys. 

 College Day for spirit week--Stanford shirts and BYU hats. Go Card and Coug!

T made this for Quinny for her birthday. I wasn't kidding about that best big brother thing!

"Wook Mom, I wook just wike you!"


Dream baby. Love her so much my heart hurts, and I'm so serious.

Helping sort shoes for the homeless.


Coco was really sick a couple of weeks ago so we took turns giving her breathing treatments. She's doing so much better now, thank goodness. It's always a little scary when bitty babies get sick.

Let's be honest, these pictures are to document a good hair day!

I got a call from the school that T fell on the basketball court and hurt his head, but that he'd gone back to class and was fine. I was NOT expecting this big owie when I picked him up. Poor kid had a headache for days and the scar is still there.

Little Miss 'Tude didn't want her picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment