Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Cora Nicole

Cora is turning into more of a person by the minute and more endearing every second. Sure, bossier as well with her "No's" and signature growls, but even those are kind of darling coming from such a little person who takes herself way too seriously. The most recent accomplishment added to Cora's list of cuteness is jumping, or at least attempting to jump. I count to three and she bends her little legs and even with all of the force she can muster those feet of hers don't seem to ever leave the ground. That doesn't stop our clapping and cheering however, because Cora is universally adored around these parts and just seeing her give the effort is enough for her fan club. 

She's talking more, but still not much, but she understands everything and when she shakes her little head yes, signs please, or brings me a diaper on command the kids and I immediately comment about how she's the smartest baby around! Smartest, and most loved.  

This may be the last time I experience toddlerhood with a child that I bore, but in some ways experiencing Coco's milestones feel like I'm doing this for the first time--it's so exciting, so fun and so special. This may be in part due to motherhood amnesia and I'm sure there's also a case for my forgetful brain, but then there's also the clarity that comes in knowing that something will never happen again; it makes you appreciate it more, makes you soak it up and enjoy. And oh how I'm enjoying 20-month-old Corabelle. 

^^^This girl was putting.it.down. at our friend's house for dinner. She loves some spicy drink, even if it's just the dregs!^^^

^^^This is what 5 pm looks like when my little lady screamed her way through a 90 minute nap. So good at so many things, but sleeping has never been her strong suit.^^^

^^^Cora begs to cuddle with Quinny in her bed. She really wants to sleep there for the night, and Quinn is totally on board, but I've told them we have to wait until Coco is two before any sleepovers happen. Oh my goodness, the cuteness of a sister sleepover is almost too much for me to think about!^^^

^^^My most recent good mom moment came when I strapped Coco to my front and took her on a scooter ride around the neighborhood. We both thought it was totally worth the dirty looks people gave us!^^^

^^^There is NO POSSIBLE WAY we could adore this little nerd more!^^^

No comments:

Post a Comment