Sunday, January 28, 2018

Go Lakers? Yep, Go Lakers!

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be cheering for the Lakers, but last week when a member of our church (and assistant Lakers coach) offered our family four tickets to a weekday game I found myself booing the Celtics and cheering the purple and gold. Weird, right?! When I got over the fact that I was actually cheering for the team who basically has been the enemy all my life it was actually reeeeaaaalllly fun. There's nothing like cheering for the home team and when they upset the number one team in the Eastern Conference by one point at the very last possible second, well you can't make these things up!

It was T and Ever's first professional basketball game and they are just the funnest little friends to have around. We snacked our way through the game on every sweet and salty treat imaginable, danced our way onto the jumbotron which Ever says makes us super famous, cheered so loud our throats hurt for hours and stayed up way-hay-hay-hay past our bedtime. Both boys are super into basketball lately and you should have seen how animated they were watching these incredible professional players make killer plays. James and I couldn't stand the cuteness and people around us kept commenting on how fun it was to watch them watch the game. It probably doesn't hurt that our tickets were only 9 rows back from court side so we felt like we could reach out and touch the ball...these kids have no idea how good they have it. They are grateful though, which makes my Mama heart proud and Everett left the game saying it was the best day of his life, so maybe they do know how good they have it?!

Aside from the game being amazing we also saw a bunch of celebrities, the coolest in my opinion being Kareem Abdul Jabbar (T kept saying, "Mom, that guy literally INVENTED the sky hook! How awesome is this?") and Justin Hartley of This is Us fame, who we accidentally ran into in the players tunnel causing me to gasp and maybe nearly faint. Wow, this night seriously couldn't have been better.

The game ended with music blaring and as the streamers fell from the ceiling and my boys looked around in wonder we saw our friend walking to the locker room with the team.  He pointed to us and with his signature smile said, "We won! You guys brought us our good luck!" Such quality, humble and kind people to be known in this world, and we're lucky to have so many of them in our life. A big thanks to Mark and Hannah for generously sharing their tickets with us and to Michelle for watching my sleeping girls so that we could sneak away.   









 

No comments:

Post a Comment