Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I am a child of God

These girls are officially sunbeams. I can't believe how fast they're growing up and how cute they looked on the little primary benches last Sunday. Quinny and Annie have a bright, beautiful future before them. 

This week we were going to visit an elderly woman in the ward who is in the hospital. I was telling Quinn on our way there that she was a child of God and that we were going to see her because Heavenly Father loves her and wants us to show her His love. Quinn started singing I am a child of God and then said, "I know Mom, wet's sing her dat song at da hotstipal." You would have been in awe of how angelic Quinn looked at my side, comforting this woman and then singing that song with all of her sunbeam heart. She was so brave, so pure and so radiant. The woman we were visiting had been confused during our whole visit, but as Quinn started singing to her she perked up, stopped talking, and started lip-synching right along with Quinny. It was such a special moment and reminded me that I have so much to learn from this baby girl I'm raising.

A special treat was in order for our first Sunday in January. These little cast-iron cookie kits were courtesy of Kate and Brendan, and the kids loved making and eating their personalized desserts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment