Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mr. Sicky

It all started when T was swinging. He started crying. Screaming, crying, yelling. I thought he hit his head on the swing. Or maybe he was mad that he wasn't being pushed fast enough. I kept asking him, and he kept screaming. And then he started throwing up. All over me. All over himself. All over the swing. Yep, that's how our day started...and that's pretty much how it ended. Throwing up. Every 10 minutes. T has the stomach flu. Bummer.

He spent most of the day looking like this. Sitting on the couch. Watching movies (lots of them). It kind of looks like he has his hand in a bowl of popcorn. But he doesn't. That's a throw-up bowl. Which, ps, is a lot less fun than a bowl of popcorn!

Poor baby would curl up in a ball, and then reposition himself, and then start all over again. I hate it when he is sick...except for the cuddles. I love those--and his sicky time is pretty much the only time I get them.



As the evening passed he was getting sicker and sicker. He couldn't even keep a teaspoon of liquid down. Thank goodness our favorite Doctor (papa wigginton...jim's dad) was on call and told us exactly what he needed and how to help! (PS--that favorite doctor of ours is also Sacramento's Top Doctor for the last 10 years. congrats papa!) With his help (and awesome meds) T was finally able to get to sleep. I hope that was our only tummy bug of the season. And so does T!

1 comment:

  1. Heather!

    I saw your comment on Brittney's blog and headed on over to check up on you! Remember me? From 181?

    Anyway, just wanted to say hello and it's wonderful to see what a beautiful family you have.

    It sounds like you've gone through (and are still going through) a lot with your little one. Oddly, I have a very good friend who's 10 month old had the same diagnosis as a newborn. Surgeries, PICU stays, etc. I don't know if you have or would want to connect with another mom who's experiencing similar things, but if so, I can get you in touch with her. I imagine support from someone who really gets it is invaluable.

    Anyway, my dear, you look beautiful and motherhood suits you perfectly. It was great to blog stalk you a bit and see what you've been up to.

    Hugs! - Jody

    ReplyDelete