Friday, November 18, 2011

Next week is what?

It's been a busy week. Heck, it's been a busy month. We were at a friend's house for family home evening on Monday and she told me they'd be leaving this weekend for Thanksgiving. I seriously, 100%, did not understand why they were taking a Thanksgiving vaca three weeks before the actual holiday. Um...yeah, earth to Heather--Thanksgiving is next week. NEXT WEEK! My mom has told me that as a young mom she'd have nightmares that she would forget about Christmas and we'd wake up without presents. I TOTALLY get it now. Where in the heck does time go. I need to remind myself next year not to blink after Halloween, because that's pretty much all I feel like I did and now it's time for Thanksgiving. THANKSGIVING. Already. Not that I'm not ok with that. Our family has so, so, SO much to be grateful for. SO MUCH.

Anyway...this week in a few pictures.
Daddy and the boys reading "oh the places you go" on Sunday afternoon. That is SUCH a great book--and not just for children.


Big Game's tomorrow--and guess who got tickets. WOO-HOO! This week has been crazy on campus with band concerts and horns blaring (all night long ps). T has loved hearing the band and a few times we've followed the music and found the dancing tree!


I'll be honest. I was seriously bummed that daylight savings stole my late-afternoon sunshine. The boys and I were used to playing in our backyard/park until after 7...but now it is dark by 5. Bummer. But I guess there are good things about this autumn business. At least there are beautiful tree-lined streets in our neighborhood, with rich orange, red and yellow leaves falling to the ground. And there's always pumpkin bread/cookies/muffins/cupcakes/pancakes. Yum. Ok, fall's not too bad.


Everett still hates tummy-time. HATES. I am now trying to use the boppy and it's been fairly successful (meaning he will stay propped up on his stomach for at most 30 seconds without screaming crazy loud). I keep telling him that he'll never learn to crawl if he doesn't stay on his tummy. And he keeps telling me that he actually prefers to be carried around in my arms all day. Touche.



We're back to switching off for church. Everett was able to come to church with us for about 5 weeks, but with flu season in full force (and since he has yet to receive his RSV vaccine--long story) we have been laying low the last few weeks--and will be for a while. Last week I was able to go to church, and Talmage actually had/has a cold so Jim was home with both boys. When I came back, T was super excited to show me the art projects they had done. Jim said it kept Talmage entertained for no longer than a minute--but I still think it turned out pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment