Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trunkin', Trickin' & Pumpkins

This is my husband at trunk-or-treat (our churches Halloween party wear the kids trick-or-treat out of the trunks of cars). I knew he was going to wear this shirt...I just knew it. Do you want to know why I knew it? Because the last time I cleaned out our closets I almost gave it to a thrift store and he nearly passed out. You see, he loves this shirt. Really loves it. And me, well, I love him, so I let him keep the shirt on one condition--he can only wear it on Halloween. And my guess is we'll be ninety years old and he'll still be pulling that shirt out of the closet every year. It makes a better costume than a staple, that's all I'm gonna say!


We had a pumpkin-carving party in our courtyard and we had fun...although I could not for the life of me get T to put his hand inside a pumpkin. I guess I don't blame him, it is kind of nasty. But I don't understand how he can be the messiest kid ever and be scared of a little bit of pumpkin guts!




Holy hannah I am obsessed with that kid. Has there ever been a baby that smiles easier than this little tree? I'm doubtful. He is just so sweet.

Our little football player eating his third, or fifth, or tenth snack of the trunk-or-treat party...I lost count. I'm such a responsible parent! By the end of the night his eye make-up was melting off of his face and he looked like a football player after a big game (maybe after the USC game!) It was awesome.



On Halloween night I made mummy-dogs and Talmage was so excited he ate three of them. T isn't the greatest eater so I was thrilled. Sure, it's just a hot dog with breadsticks wrapped around it, but at least he ate what I cooked!


Getting ready to trick-or-treat. All the families on Stanford campus that wanted to have trick-or-treaters just turned on their back porch light and the kids ran around the courtyard from house to house trick-or-treating. T LOVED the whole experience and was really good about saying thank you (thank goodness). He also LOVED his football bag, which I scored at a thrift store for next to nothing.



T-Man and his adorable courtyard friends as we set-off to trick-or-treat. Picture-taking with multiple children is ridiculous fyi!



I put Evie in the front pack so I could be hands-free to help T trick-or-treat. We lost one of Ev's socks, but I ended up carrying either Talmage or his "heavy heavy" football bag all night long so it was worth it!




By the time we were done trick-or-treating, Jim was done with class and we met up to see these incredible pumpkins. A Stanford art professor requires his students to carve pumpkins in a unique way, and then he displays them on his yard on Halloween night for everyone to see. They were absolutely, so worth the drive to see them (especially since the professor lives five minutes from our house). Visiting the pumpkin professor is definitely a family tradition that I'd love to have as long as we are here.

3 comments:

  1. That story about the shirt is so funny! I remember you telling me that back when you got married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like you guys had such a good time! Oh the infamous shirt...my eyes have missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some excellent pictures! Talmage looks so grown up, I love the picture of Jim carving the pumpkin - neighborhood kids are all in on the action as Talmage sheepishly watches the mutulation of the pumpkin! ha ha

    ReplyDelete