Saturday, February 4, 2012

The BOYS Room

The boys have been sleeping in the same room for the last few days. Nights have been super hard for Everett since leaving the hospital (like, up every 45 minutes hard), and I thought that maybe a change of scenery would help things out. {FYI--T wanted to cuddle with Ev in his bed while I told a story, but Everett slept in his own crib. I didn't want anyone to see the picture and be concerned.} It has definitely been a step in the right direction. He has been waking up every 2-3 hours to eat, and then will mostly go back to sleep. I still feel like I'm up a lot, but compared to the last few weeks it's like heaven.



The extra sleep has helped the Evie we all know and love to return. He is still hoarse, and eating is still a challenge, but his sweet disposition and amazing smile have returned. It's amazing what a good night's rest can do to an Ev!


T was SO excited that Evie was in his room. He's been asking me to move Everett into the crib for months. A friend let me borrow her baby monitor and it's been so cute to hear the nightly "conversation" between the boys. Evie will make a squeak and then Talmage will say, "What Evie? You say it's very dark. It's ok Evie, it's just night time." He's also told me, "Dis is da boys room wif me and Evie. And dat room is the Mommy and Daddy room."


I feel so blessed that the boys love each other so much. Talmage is definitely the apple of Everett's eye, and Talmage is a loving, protective older brother to Ev. Last week we went to the Heart Center to have Everett's stitches removed and the poor Physician's Assistant got an earful from Talmage! "No. You stop doing dat!" he ordered. "My wittle brudder Evie does not wike dat you do dat!" Probably not perfect that he was being so spicey to an adult, but awfully adorable that he sticks up for his brother. I hope that never changes.




Here is Talmage showing Everett the awesome trains at Lucile Packard. Everytime we go to the hospital now we have to get a wagon...but T really wanted to hunt down the Lightning McQueen car from 3 West.

4 comments:

  1. OH MY FREAKIN GOSH! My nephews are the CUTEST on earth!!!! I WUV THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every single picture!! Cute, Cute, Cute!! So happy to see that smile on Ev's face (and Talmage's too for that matter!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, one more thing - I love those little teeth popping up in the picture, in Ev's solo smile shot! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are fantastic, Tal looks like he has grown up while his little brother was sick and in some ways I bet he has xx I love to see Ev looking happy again, I know from your last blog you thought they were out to get you xx I think sometimes when little ones have worries or aches and pains they push mom's buttons to see how far they can go xx

    ReplyDelete