Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feeling the Love

“God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other.” --President Spencer W. Kimball


{Amazing treats delivered to us at the hospital by my friend Comfort. Cupcakes + heart decoration = she knows me well!}


I've always considered myself an independent person by nature. The "I do it" attitude that began when I was just a baby has in some ways never left. At two it meant that I would wear my shoes on the wrong feet all day, solely because of the thrill the newfound control gave me. As an adult, it has translated into not asking or accepting help when in reality I am drowning in need because, "It may be miserable but gosh darn it I can do it myself!" The pride in that statement is embarassing, yes, but at times in my life (think before children humbled the heck out of me) it has fit me to a T.


The last few years, and especially during the past few months, my white flag has been raised numerous times and I've admitted that I just can't do everything by myself. I've learned that I can't pray and plead and beg for Heavenly Father to bless my life, help our family, bring me peace, etc. and then refuse all the assistance that is offered by my neighbors, family and friends. So I haven't. I have let others in to feel our pain, to cry with us and to serve us. Not only has my family been fed and my burden been lightened, but my spirit has been enriched. I know that God answers my prayers and He loves me because so many of YOU have been the answer I was seeking.


So to all of those that made us meals, brought us treats, watched our crazy T, prayed for us, thought of us, shared our story, visited us, offered help and more, thank you for making this season of our lives so full of LOVE. My heart is bursting at the seams with gratitude.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, and confusion into clarity...It turns problems into gifts, failures into successes, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
--Melodie Beattie

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for allowing so many to feel God's love by serving you and your awesome family - when we serve, our love grows for those that we serve, and we are allowed to feel a glimpse of the love that God has for us all. It's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete