Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New skills and stuff...

This post should be called "Random bragging and other random stuff." Don't say you haven't been warned.

***

I made a huge deal out of Talmage's first haircut. He was basically bald until he was 2, but he did have a mad set of wings behind both ears. James kept urging me to cut them, and I kept putting it off, somehow scared that it would transform him overnight (or over-haircut) from babyhood to toddlerdom. At nearly 18 months old when I finally cut those awful wings, I was surprised that the moment came and passed with no real incident--except that he all of the sudden looked 100 times cuter because he didn't have a bald head and long wings. I vowed that with my next kid, I wouldn't make such a big deal and stress myself out over the darn first haircut. If the kid looked like he needed a trim, I'd give him a trim. And although I would never cut Evie's awesome duck-fuzz, I did cut back those crazy wings behind both ears. And he looks adorable!

What a little poser. He looks so happy in this picture, right? He saw the camera and beamed. This is what the ordeal was really like:

Poor us ;)


In other news...Evie's finally eating meals in his high chair. I thought that this would make the process a little less messy. I was wrong. But he likes to sit in it and chew on his straps.


And the BIGGEST excitement of the week is that he has started to sit. WOO-HOO! He is so proud of himself and giggles and smiles the whole time he sits. He still falls a lot which makes me nervous (for many reasons) so we try to keep blankets and pillows around him...and I'm usually right there next to him. I'm so proud of him. He's such a sweet boy.


T and Evie are becoming better friends lately. They've always adored each other, but as Everett learns new skills (like sitting) they are able to play better together. This is them playing hide and seek/peek-a-boo. T would hide under the blanket and Evie would pull it off of him. They were both in heaven.


Everett is so proud of himself for finding T! And do you see the way Talmage is rubbing his brother's back? Holy cuteness.



This picture makes me happy for many reasons. 1) He's wearing shorts and a t-shirt in February. Please don't ever make me leave California. 2) He's laying on my dad's baby blanket that my grandma (Noni) gave to me for Christmas before T was born. 3) Duh...he's precious!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a big boy! Hooray for learing new things it is so much fun!

    I'm totally interested in knowing how Talmage reacted to Ev getting a hair cut (I know that he does not enjoy the whole hair cutting process himself, what he feeling empathetic for his brother?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute together! And about the bragging....that's what blogs are for. Someone has to document how stinkin cute our little ones are so that we can always remember these awesome memories.

    ReplyDelete