Monday, February 20, 2012

A new President's Day tradition

We walked into the courtyard this afternoon to find a pack of anxious under-fours, all dressed in their best Halloween duds. They said trick-or-treat, and before I even made it into the house for some Halloween-in-February candy T was sprinting up the stairs, "I need my cape. I need my cape." For the next hour or more these little crazies ran around the courtyard (possibly on a small sugar-high) extremely pleased with their ability to fool more than one household into mistaking the presidential holiday with the ghostly one. I'll admit, I was amused and all too willing to pass out the treats. Celebrating is fun and I'm always looking for new traditions. Trick-or-treating on President's Day. Sold.


After retiring from tag, these 3 BFF's played in the yellow jeep for a while. They were more than content to just sit in the jeep together without moving an inch, although on my recommendation T started pushing the jeep and I both regreted the decision and feared for Frankie's life almost immediately! Talmage talks about these friends all day long and if he so much as hears their voice in the courtyard he starts running out the back door. I don't know what we're ever going to do without them.

2 comments:

  1. I love watching little ones make friends. It makes my heart happy. Esther's favorite person in the world is the little boy who lives next door. Especially during the summer their days were full of each other. Oh California, how you keep the happiest three seasons in tact all year long. I envy your weather, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special, friends at your fingertips! These will truly be days that forever hold a special place in your heart!

    ReplyDelete