Thursday, June 7, 2012

Evie's First Ride

We went to Happy Hollow again last week. Those annual passes we bought ended up being the best deal ever! I love it because it's small and easy, but the boys both really enjoy it.

And for the first time Evie got to ride some rides as well...

T's FAVORITE ride ever. Everett liked it as well. Talmage was really cute with Evie, letting him ring the fire bell. They rode this one a couple of times together.

 Both boys really liked this ride, but I had no idea when I put them on it that it not only went around in circles but also jumped up and down. Bad idea Mom, bad idea! While Evie was putting his hands in the air and laughing hysterically, I was sweating bullets and praying that he didn't fall out! Needless to say, we're not going to be riding the ladybugs for a while.

Happy Hollow has switched to their summer hours so we had plenty of time to walk around the Zoo. Usually all T wants to do is ride the rides, but after a few hours he was ready to see the animals.

T really wanted to ride the dragon on the Carousel and I helped him hop right up. When Evie and I were walking outside, an employee told me that I had to ride with T. I put Evie on the tiger next to T's dragon and buckled them both in. Then the ride-guy came over to tell me that Evie was too little to ride on the tiger. I asked if I could climb on with him...but that was a no as well. So instead we headed over to the Carousel benches and took a seat. Luckily Evie's young enough that he didn't have a melt down over not riding an animal.

In fact, I think he rather preferred sitting down, eating my necklace and patting my face!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Hollow looks like so much fun ~ what a great idea you had buying those season passes! I'm also very happy that the "lady bug thrill ride" didn't knock Evie out! :)

    ReplyDelete