Thursday, June 21, 2012

Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz

On Thursday's there is a farmers market in Westwood Village. We don't live too far from the Village, so after Evie's morning nap I loaded the boys in the stroller and we headed to the market. This was my kind of market! Live music filled the air, and mixed with the fruit and veggie stands were vendors selling BBQ chicken, freshly popped popcorn, moist butter pecan cake and fresh Romanian pierogies. Santa Monica's market definitely had more fruit and veg, but this one definitely had more character. It actually filled my veins with energy to see all the people eating lunch, dancing to music and trying way too many samples. This is a market we will be frequenting every.single.week. 
 
T and Evie are fruit-aholics so a market with endless samples is right up their alley. A Target is opening up not far from our house (I think I heard it's the first urban Target in LA) and they had a booth where they were passing our lemonade, and Target puppies to our little boys. Those poor white little puppies are now dyed pink from strawberry juice, but boy are they loved!

Samples. Yum! 

This super cute candy store was right along the market street and since we were already there it gave me a good excuse to check it out. Talmage heard candy and was hopping out of the stroller before I could even snap a pic!

He got to pick out any candy in the store (except maybe for the $30 vintage Thomas piz dispenser that he really wanted) and he chose a lollipop that also has a laser inside. He is in total love with that candy/toy.

The boys came home messy (super super messy) but full of good food (and a sucker) and happy.

This picture makes me smile so hard I had to include it. Before we went to the market and while Evie was sleeping T asked if I could read him some books while he ate Cheez-Its from the box. After reading and eating for awhile we ended up watching Disneyland videos. Again. We crack me up!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a super fun day! I love T's hair, he looks super stylish! By the way, who doesn't love Cheez-Its from the box!!

    ReplyDelete