Thursday, July 12, 2012

did you really just ask me if they were twins?

I have been asked if Talmage and Everett were twins three times in a three week period. Each time I have been floored because a) even though people tell me they are starting to look alike I still don't see it at all and b) they are so different physically,  developmentally, etc.

The first person that asked me if they were twins was a man with salt and pepper hair in Palo Alto. I just figured he had forgotten his glasses or had never had kids and brushed it off with a smile. At the time Talmage was running next to me and Everett was in his beco pack, which made it so much more interesting to me that he thought they were twins.

The second person was a 40-something woman we met at the farmer's market in Westwood. Her and her husband wanted to tell me about their grandchildren and see my twins. Twins? I told them that they were actually two years apart, and they were half surprised and half embarassed that they thought they were twins. Again, a laugh and a sincere desire to know what these people were seeing that I wasn't.

The third person was about my age. I took the boys to see the new Madagascar the other day and had Evie on my lap and T sitting right next to me. This cute woman walked by with her friend and said, "Ahhh...look at the cute twins!" I seriously laughed out loud.

There have been very, very few times when I thought my boys have looked alike, they actually look completely different to me! But, as I was looking at these pictures from our Sunday snack at the temple, I thought it was so funny and cute that the boys were doing the same thing in all of the pictures. 

I still don't think they look like twins, but maybe they want to!

 Chewing, chewing.

 Inspecting their grub.

 Evie's all smiles while T chows.

 T's all smiles while Evie chows.

Love these boys!

2 comments:

  1. Well people ask me all the time lately if Nathan and the twins are triplets! Or I get a surprised look when they ask what the age difference between Kate and Addison is and I say 4 minutes. I think people are just crazy in general. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just start with the size difference! Especially seen in pic #1! Really? Twins? Who are these people! ha ha

    I guess what they are saying, is that they are both so adorable that they must be twins! :)

    ReplyDelete