Sunday, July 22, 2012

GNO: Kelli Pickler at the Grove

I heard that Kelli Pickler was giving a free mid-week concert at The Grove so I got a couple girls together for a little night away from home. My only other night out all summer was when I went to the temple and both Talmage and Everett screamed the WHOLE entire time I was gone (and a little while after I got back, just so I knew how mad they were that I had left!) I was a little nervous to leave, but the boys did great and we had SUCH a blast. We had so much fun, in fact, that we are thinking about hitting up the free concert this week too...and maybe next also!

We weren't the only ones enjoying some free country music. We spotted Steven Spielberg rocking out also. Anyone know who he's with? I totally recognize her but I just can't figure it out. Let me know if you know!

 Tyler Hilton performed first, followed by Gloriana. They were both good.

But Kelli Pickler, she was more than good. She was AMAZING. Seriously, TV and radio just don't do the girl justice. She can SING! I loved hearing her strong singing voice and then hearing her sweet southern belle talking voice. Just too cute.

We finished the night with shaved ice cream in Westwood. It was really good and light, and I had mine covered in mochi. Yum! I got home and both boys were sleeping soundly--ahhhh, a successful girls night out!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a ton of fun and much needed break. I'm amazed by all your adventures in LA. You always seem to find the coolest things to do in every city you are in. I'm pretty sure though that your photo is of Paul DiMeo and Tracy Hutson (sp?) from Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally right Kristin! You're totally right! I bet he was embarassed when everyone in the crowd started saying, "Oh my gosh, there's Steven Spielberg!" Or maybe he liked it!!! Anyway, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete