Thursday, July 19, 2012

UCLA

Someone asked me this last week if we were going to be continuing the trend of transfering schools every single year and just stay at UCLA. I. laughed. so. hard. This person doesn't even know us that well, but she obviously knows enough! I have to admit, it feels kind of weird to be going "back" to somewhere we've previously been. But while a transfer to UCLA is not in the cards (we still love you Stanford!), a visit to campus was a perfect weekday activity for me and the muchachos.

We started at the Hammer Museum, which is full to the brim with very modern art. The boys were super good, but they lost interest super fast. Talmage was pretty bummed that there were no weapons or tools at the museum. "Um...when I grow up," he said to one of the employees at the museum, "I am going to paint a big picture of a hammer, and put it in da Hammer Museum." I thought it sounded like a very wise plan.

Evie was pretty mad when I wouldn't let him grab some wire (art) hanging from the ceiling. But in typical Evie fashion, he was all smiles two seconds later!

We went to the bookstore and T picked out a new tractor book for him and his brother (which they incessantly fought over for the next two hours) and then we did some sight-seeing. Of course, gotta get a picture with the Grizzly!

Me + Stroller + These Stairs + Lots of people looking and NOBODY helping = Poor me. I actually found a side way with a good mix of ramps and stairs, but it was still insane. I figured whatever was on top of those stairs must be a-mazing to warrant such an entrance, and I must admit it was beautiful.

The waterfall/pool was beautiful and the boys stood there watching the water forever (which is great, because I was still trying to catch my breath from the stairs!) I loved all of the buildings and stone and bells and brick. Walking around universities is one of my favorite things to do, and UCLA did not disapoint.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys! If I had been there with you, I definitely would have helped you up those stairs. You're incredible to be tackling all of these adventures with your two little firecrackers on your own. Really, incredible. And I love hearing Talmage quotes...his hammer art made me laugh out loud and Brady and I quote, "Mommy Scott Wigginton," all the time. Can't wait to have you back!

    ReplyDelete