Monday, July 23, 2012

It's Monday

It's feeling like a Monday to me.

A 13-minute-drive home from the beach took me 90 minutes today. Everett screamed the whole way because he was hungry and tired. Talmage screamed because Everett was annoying him. I opened the windows and blared the music but it was no use, I could still hear them screaming. Near the hour mark I think all three of us were in tears, and at some point during the trip we started making ridiculous phone calls to family members--singing, screaming, whining and pleading for help. Remember how people say LA traffic is ridiculous? It is.

It's almost 11 pm and that drive from 6 hours ago is still making me feel grumpy. I'm going to blame the grumposity on it being Monday. And my husband still being at work. And the residual ringing in my ears. But since I don't want grump-mares tonight, I better end the day on a happy note. Here's what we've been up to this weekend.  

Finally, a sippy cup that Evie will take! He LOVES this cup and has been drinking whole milk like a champ. I can see my life getting easier before my eyes!

On Saturday the boys and I went to Southern California Live Steamers for some free rides on their mini-trains. This organization "borrows" land from the city in exchange for offering free rides twice a month--score for us! I found out that each of the steamers cost $250,000! I got lost on the way there and the area was a little sketchy, but the muchachos thought riding on the trains was pretty much the coolest thing ever, so it was worth it.  

 Everett loves corn. And I love watching Everett eat corn. He inhaled that whole cob!

Trouble-makers X 2. Here are the boys getting caught jumping on the bed, again. Everett gets on T's air mattress and Talmage jumps on it--shooting Evie across the room. I'm in trouble.

Heebie and Jeebie show at the Santa Monica Library today--so entertaining! Talmage got called up on stage for their "rock" song, and instead of doing the moves they were teaching Talmage decided to break dance through the whole number--at least I think that's what he was trying to do.

T knows his way around the city enough now to know that the library is only a few blocks from the beach. He asked if we could stop by "just real quick" and he ended up tearing his shirt off and running right into the water! I love that beach boy!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like the car ride from "you know where!" Poor thing, sadly your house is not that far from the beach, so that must have been some wicked traffic that you were in!

    I was so happy to see that Everett now takes a sippy cup. What brand is it? Hooray for a little freedom for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! One is Munchkin and one is Nuk--both with the soft nipple tops (kind of in between a bottle and a sippy cup). It's awesome! He's still nursing like four times a day but that's better than the six times we were doing before the blessed sippy!!!

    ReplyDelete