Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Hunto and His Parents

When your brother and his wife call and ask if they can come visit (and more importantly, bring your sweet little nephew with them) you tell them come! come soon! come now! and leave that baby with me! Because being an aunt is just the greatest thing ever and look at that cute little boy, don't you want to just eat him up? I was so afraid that he'd have some stranger danger or be scared of the craziness that embodies the Wiggy abode but ah contraire, little Hunter-boy ate up the energy and seriously and totally adored me and the kids (modesty is not my strong suit when we're talking about my aunt-hood!) I'm so glad they came and I just can't even think of how long we'll go without seeing them again (after Christmas, thank goodness for Christmas!)

It's in the 60's here in LA, so clearly the snowsuits and parkas were justified. We are such chickens, and I am totally OK with it. Also, 60 degrees is my definition of the perfect Winter day! We went to the temple to eat Sprinkles cupcakes and show our guests the beautiful lights and left after T sprained his ankle falling down a flight of stairs. Never a dull moment with us Wigs.

We really wanted to fly kites on the beach but the sun sets now at 4:30 and I had no idea that EVERY SINGLE parking lot near the beach tickets or tows after sunset. It was a ghost town down there and the people we did see warned us about the parking police from Hades so we just enjoyed this gorgeous sunset from the car and then drove back home. Oh well, I'm sure our kites wouldn't have gotten off the ground anyways! ;)

Cute Chasey-boy with the legendary Tito's Tacos. James says they are just a fancy Taco Bell and if that's true, yuummmy! No, they're not the most authentic (or any authentic) but they sure are delicious!

Chase and Meghan went to Disneyland one day sans Hunter so I got a feel for a typical day is like for my twin-mom friends. Dude, hats off to you ladies! The pictures are darling, but maybe not worth the crazy amount of work?! All in all it was a great day and the babies were surprisingly amazing for me. Both of them were in bed by 7 and I ended the day both wanting another baby and being glad that this fifth was only on loan!

Come on, how good do I look with a baby on each hip? I love these little cousin twins and feel so grateful that they have each other!

Quinn woke up after her Sunday afternoon nap, walked directly to the family room and said, "Whew my cousin Hunto is?" I told her that they had already gone home and she broke down in the saddest sobs. We sure loved having "Hunto" and his parents in our home. Sure, Idaho is pretty far away, but we hope they can come back to visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment