Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Super Meems

Because she's Super-mom and Super-mema my Mama hitched a ride with a friend to Los Angeles so that she could spend 48 hours with us before hopping on a plane to Utah to see sweet Avery's first primary program. I always love when my Mom is in town, but I've been especially desperate for her lately since life has been so ca-ca-ca-ca-crazy. This trip was short but it was just what I needed to get me through until the next time I see her (Christmas can't come fast enough!)

Her original trip was only supposed to be 24 hours, but she extended so that she could come to Everett's class and help him make pumpkin cinnamon rolls at his pumpkin party. I was there too, but you know how that goes. "Oh hi Mom, where's Mema?" and earlier in the day, "Mom, it's OK if you have to stay home with Quinny and Coco, just make sure Mema comes, OK?!" I'm not even offended because she really, really is that cool!

The baby sisters got to join their big brothers for the fun tasting party. Ever's eyes and Quinny's smile are rather painful but look at those cutie Burnett's! One of the things I'm most grateful for this year are that these two little boys ended up in the same class. God had a hand in that, of that I am sure.

This right here is a plate of pumpkin goodness!

Mema with both of our Kinder-boys, Ever Knight and Chasey-boy.

I was admiring the awesome abstract art in the school hallway when all of a sudden I realized that it belonged to my son! I was so excited! Isn't that the most beautiful piece of art? I can't wait to get my hands on that and frame it for the house. What a creative little friend I have.

When Mema is here we have frozen yogurt for dinner, her treat! I'm not very handy in the kitchen but I usually try to have at least one or two meals planned but during this trip I had nothing, like nada. I felt bad, but I also felt like she understood and didn't judge. I'm so grateful for that.

We love you Mema so very, very much. Thanks for coming to visit and we can't wait to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment