Thursday, December 8, 2016

My son, the author

Publishing parties are my absolute favorite school event. I love to go into the classroom and hear my excited little T read me his latest creation. This story was about our whale watching trip in Washington and all I have to say is, WOW! He's so creative and so thorough and gosh, how I wish I had a memory like his (he remembered the letter call-names of the whales, the name of the ship and so many other precious little nuggets). He's also worked so hard on developing his artistic side and the drawings are top notch. He's growing up too fast and it's making me both excited and melancholy. I wish I could just bottle him up for the ages. He's that good!

The publishing party was right after drop-off so James was able to sneak in for a few minutes before running to work. James is never one to recommend a picture, but the second we were in there he was nudging me to take out my camera. I couldn't figure out what was going on until he said, "I need photographic proof for my kids that I was actually around every now and then!" I started cracking up! So here is the photographic proof! It's always special when Daddy is there, and this time was no different!

Oh yeah, and a picture with Mom for good measure! I have a feeling that one of these days I won't have to be on my knees to see eye to eye with this guy.

Look at the fingers! And look how the other friend is cheering. All the heart eyes in the world for his work!

Do I even have to mention which one of us T was most excited to see? And also which one of us makes T the most popular? Talmage has just recently been given the privilege of holding Coco while he's standing up and it makes him feel like a pretty big deal. He walked around the room showing all the girls how cute she is!

And boy, isn't she cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment