Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Thanksgiving

It sounds cliche to say that this year I am most thankful for my family, but I'm not above being cliche. Thanksgiving is/was a good reminder to slow down, take a good look around, and count the ways that God has blessed our family--and this year I had four little ones to count, including our newest sweet Coco. Not only did we get to celebrate the day with our forever family of six, but this year we invited over family and friends so that nearly 20 loved ones were dining with us. I love a home full of love more than just about anything, so this Thanksgiving was the epitome of heaven. Quinn sported her new bangs and last years dress, and luckily her raging fever and horrible ear infection didn't show it's ugly face until after the guests left. What's a holiday without a trip to urgent care, am I right?

I had so much fun arranging tables and flowers and pumpkins and place settings to accommodate all of our friends. This little cottage is by no means large, but it did the trick and everyone was cozy and happy. Plus, when the kids started to get restless we could kick them out into the backyard. WINNING! Here are just a few pictures I took while the turkey was cooking: 






I don't understand how I don't have one picture of the food but it was INCREDIBLE! James completely rocked the turkey and Melissa made the best rolls, Bruce's stuffing was delicious and Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes saved us again. Here's about half of the group enjoying their dinner while the other half was getting seconds!

James really wanted to roast marshmallows after dinner and I thought it was going to be way too crazy with all of those kids and people, but it was THE BEST idea. I'm so glad that it happened because the kids loved it and some of our more mature friends said it was the highlight of their Thanksgiving--especially hearing the boys sing their made-up "Marshmallow Inferno" song! Kids sure do have a way of spreading magic and holiday cheer!

&
^^The whole group in two takes^^

Yes, I was opening my eyes in the prayer and yes, even worse I got out my phone and snapped this picture but seriously? If this is not one of the sweetest Thanksgiving sights I don't know what is! We have so, so much to be thankful for and we were telling Heavenly Father all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment