Monday, December 26, 2016

Seeing Stanford

James and I have wanted to visit Stanford for ages, and finally made it happen on our trip back to Sac for the holidays. Seeing Natania, Brady and their boys was a top priority for our trip, and when I asked if we could come visit Natania immediately invited us to stay with her--so typical of Natania. During our days at Stanford, Natania showed me what it meant to effortlessly serve others, to love by words and then by deeds. She is goodness embodied. It was Natania who brought me my favorite cupcakes the morning I miscarried. It was Natania who offered to pay for a hotel for James when he had to travel back east unexpectedly. It was Natania who planned a pizza party for T while we were in the hospital with Evie. It was Natania who wrote me notes and shared secrets to calm my often troubled heart. The list of ways Natania has served me is long and the reasons why I adore her are even longer. We haven't seen each other in years and yet sitting in her living room with her four boys and my four chickens felt just like old times. Seeing the Quist's was a Winter Break highlight and I hope it won't be quite so long before I see them again (and by hope, I mean IT CAN NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, BE SO LONG BEFORE I SEE THEM AGAIN!!!)

Did I forget to mention that Natania opened her doors to the Wiggy six after welcoming her fourth boy two weeks before our visit?! Baby Edison is adored by all and we were so happy to properly meet him!

After too short with the Quist's we went to campus to look around. The boys were anxious to get to Sacramento so the visit was much shorter than we anticipated, but we saw our old home (which will be torn down in lieu of single student housing this year) and played for a minute in the neighboring courtyard. It seems like so long ago that I was living within those walls, and yet I wanted to bust right through the door like I owned the place.

Cora had her very first swing in the courtyard. It only seemed fitting since I spent years pushing Ever Knight in that exact same place. He was a baby who loved the swing and it seems like Coco is following suit. We saw a few friends and then hurried off to campus.

I love Stanford so, so, SO much! We went to the bookstore to get some swag and the boys insisted on a picture with the Stanford tree Christmas tree. Isn't it so much fun? Are you remembering back when Evie dressed up as the tree for Halloween? Look at those big boys now!



My only campus wish was getting a family picture in front of the Memorial Church. But as luck would have it Quinn's only campus wish was NOT getting a family picture in front of the Memorial Church. It wasn't worth the fight so I opted for a pic of the Wiggy men instead. I love that beautiful church.

Law School!!!

James, T and Quinny climbed the stairs at the law school but Evie was too tired and opted to sit on the steps with Cora and me. We reflected on our time at Stanford and I told Ever story after story. This University not only gave James and our family a great education, but through it's hospital and doctors it gave my baby Everett Knight a second chance at life. I don't think my gratitude for this place will ever know any bounds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment