Friday, December 16, 2016

Multicultural Weeking

For multicultural week at the boys' school they were each asked to color a flag that represented their personal culture--a 5X7 get to know you, if you will. Everett wanted lightsabers fighting in the middle of his page because, "dey aw weawy cool, Mom. And I fink I'm on da darth side. Yep, dis wiw tell dem about me." T chose to draw a big picture of the Los Angeles temple, with Book of Mormons, race cars and running shoes around the edges. "Do you think I also should write that I'm Mormon, Mom? Or do you think they'll get that?" I think they got the picture, T! These boys know who they are, and I love them both for it!

We hopped from class to class for Multicultural Week activities. Both boys had feasts that me and the girls attended and I also was a docent for T at the library museum. It's always so great to be in their classrooms and see their eyes beam with pride and joy. They're always so grateful for everything, including the TJ's crumpets and lemon curd I brought for the feast which turned out to be just, ehhh. It was a crazy week, but a good one.







No comments:

Post a Comment