Thursday, July 6, 2017

Evie's Birthday (Plus His Interview)

Everett Knight is six years old. I kept counting my fingers all day, sure that I had somehow fudged the numbers and he was really turning seven but no, I get to keep him little for one more year. Adding Quinn and then Cora in such quick succession sprung him from baby status to the big kid zone really quickly and I spend so much time thinking he's one of the olders (for better or worse) that this week it hit me how little he actually is. Because he's been five all this time--just a sweet little five-year-old. And now he's just barely six and gosh, that's only one hand and a finger. When I really think about him as an individual and remember how little he is instead of grouping him with his brother as one of "the bigs" it's so much easier to understand and adore him--and there's really so much to adore about this little guy who loves to be my baby.

He's sensitive and fiery, likes attention from Mom and hates competition from his brother, detests lettuce and still can't pronounce his r's but loves extra crispy bacon and adds the cutest syllables to so many words. He's a homebody and his perfect day would be spent in pajama's cuddled up on the couch for a movie...and a snack! This kid will do anything for a snack, including playing on every sports team known to mankind when really he has no interest in the game. He likes to read and fly paper airplanes, he loves weapons and play fighting, and he uses more tape on art projects and creations than anyone I've ever met. He wants a whole lego set but only plays with the mini figurine and he has a whole treasure box full of scraps of paper, leaves, bottle caps and rocks he's found on adventures around town. His coy smile still flashes when he knows he's being naughty and even to this day I'm tempted to let it get the best of me. I love my little Evie Knight so much and I can't imagine for a second a life lived without him.  

His birthday fell on a Friday this year which was PERFECT because our groupies were already heading to the beach so we just brought a cooler full of popsicles, sang a rowdy version of Happy Birthday and bam! an insta-party! We built sand castles, went boogie boarding, ate lots of snacks and enjoyed a lovely day by the water. There was bacon galore and Dad's famous waffles for breakfast, a pepperoni and olive pizza for dinner and a few days later we concluded birthday festivities with his desired cookie dough ice cream cake. (So much of his birthday is about the food, so I felt like forever we needed to remember what he ate!) It was low-key but also full of fun and felt like the perfect fit for our guy.

Happy birthday Evie-boy, we love you soooo much!





BIRTHDAY INTERVIEW:

What is your favorite...
Color: Uh, it's blue.
Food: Uh, I, uh, I say...WAFFLES!
Game: It is Pokemon. Pokemon's a game.
Book: It is, I say, Pokemon books. There are Pokemon books, you know. I like those.
Toy: Uh, my Baymax toy.
Treat: Hm! Lollipops.
Song: I don't know any songs names so I don't know. Jingle Bells, Batman smells. I made up that song!
Thing to learn about: Math.
Animal: It is a rhino.
TV show: It is Star Wars.
Thing to wear: Sports clothes
Holiday: I say...Christmas!

What do you want to be when you grow up? Uh, a powice officer.

If someone was being mean to your brother, what would you do? I would say, stop that! No, STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! Or I'll punch you in the face.

Who is your best friend? Chase.
What is something you want to learn to do this year? Uh, I want to go to the beach everyday. But what do you want to learn to do? Do a cawtwheel.

What is something that you are really good at? I am really good at math.
If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? I would buy 500 Pokemon boxes!

If you were an animal, what would you be? I would be a cheetah so I could be really fast. 
What do you want someone to invent? A time machine that could make you in another time but then it would be like 1 hour and you would have to go.

If you could have a magic power, what would it be? It would be to fly. WHY? Because I didn't want to have any traffic.
How many kids do you want to have when you grow up and get married? Uh, I would do just four. Four kids. 

What kind of house would you like to live in: an igloo, a tree house, a castle, a cave, or our house? Our house. 
Who is the prettiest girl in the whole world? Mommy!

Where do you want to go on your mission? Here! To Los Angeles? Yes!
What's your favorite scripture story? It is the Gadianton robbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment