Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Summer BBQ's

Wednesday's are for ward BBQ's at the ball field outside our church. Bring your own meat and a side to share and you've got yourself a party with your besties on the weekly. There has only been one week that I had to follow through on my threats of taking the kids home early for bad behavior (of course, last week...I mentioned it was ugly right?) but every other week it's been a par-tay from start to finish! We're often the last to leave, the kids are filthy and exhausted and in desperate need of a bath but it's so refreshing and fun to be surrounded by so many good, good people. It's no wonder Wednesday is a fam favorite around here.

And PS, I clearly haven't learned my lesson about taking a picture before the BBQ (and meltdowns) but hey, real life is documented in these snaps!


All I wanted was a pic of my patriotic posse after singing at a nearby retirement home but it was just too much. Luckily these photos crack me up and will always help me remember what my life was like at this time.

It's so much fun to be at the hand-your-baby-an-ear-of-corn-and-let-her-walk-around phase.


You can't imagine how much dirt was on those four kids in the two pictures above. Honestly, I wish the pictures did it justice because we definitely would have set a record!

No comments:

Post a Comment