Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to School, Back to School

Jim and I shared a fabulous family tradition growing up that you better believe I'm keeping--the first day of school photo op! Let's be honest, the first day of school is not official unless you cheese it up before leaving. So naturally I made Jim stand outside our home for pictures yesterday morning before he left.


His first day of school went really well. He had to fill out a lot of paperwork, went on a bunch of tours (campus, libraries, etc.) and got his schedule for the rest of the year. He's going to be one busy man!

Talmage did not appreciate his Daddy leaving! When Jim walked out the door Talmage got a huge boo-boo lip and started crying. It was so sad and so sweet. I was playing on the floor with Talmage when Jim got home from school. He saw his Daddy through the window and got a HUGE smile on his face. That baby loves his Daddy! And I do too!

Today is Matriculation, a ceremony where the incoming students get their picture taken and sign a book. Everyone has to wear their formal gowns and I decided this was also a priceless photo op! (My husband is such a good sport!) Jim borrowed his gown from one of his professors from last summer and it's sweet. The black cloth was from the black outs in London during WWII. So much history in that one symbolic clothing item.

Anyway, so school is officially underway and we are all settling in to our new schedule. It's been so nice spending the last month hanging out with James all day, everyday and I've really missed him these past few days. But I am so proud of him and excited for all the things he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment