Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Night's Decoration...

...was tonight's dinner!


In the spirit of provident living, we ate Jack.

We couldn't put him on the doorstep (they don't really do the whole Halloween thing here like they do in the states) so I checked the source of all wisdom (AKA--the internet) and found a super simple pumpkin soup recipe.

Let me walk you through the steps:

Peel, seed and cube the pumpkin.

Cook the pumpkin (with 4 garlic cloves and 1 large/2 small onions) for 30-40 minutes in the oven.
Puree the pumpkin and put it in a pot with 4 cups veg/chicken stock.


Top with cheese and roasted pumpkin seeds.
Enjoy like the two of them did!


As I was playing Heather Homemaker in the kitchen today I thought back on a conversation I had with my Grampa about two years ago (it was actually on the night I cooked dinner for Jim for the first time). It cracked me up then, and put a smile on my face today!
Grampa: What are you doing right now?
Me: Cooking dinner for Jim.
Grampa: Of all the wonders in the world! Heather...in the kitchen?!?
If he could've only seen me chopping pumpkin this afternoon. I'm working on my Domestic Diva status! Anyway, try making pumpkin soup. It's good!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my....I should try that sometime...well maybe not :) but i am really impressed about your cooking skills!!! And that your boys are such good eaters! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome! Kelly and I were talking TODAY about making pumpkin soup and pie from our pumpkins. Thanks for the recipe and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete