Saturday, October 24, 2009

I LOVE Autumn in Cambridge

It was a cool, crisp, wet Autumn day in Cambridge.

I am in LOVE with days like this.

I LOVE the beautiful leaves in a wide aray of vibrant oranges, yellows and reds falling from the trees. I LOVE the smell of fresh rain and the huge rainbow that stretched all the way across the sky (Jim said he's pretty sure it ended in Ireland with a pot of gold). I LOVE how everyone carries umbrellas, I especially like colorful patterned umbrellas. Mine is white with pink, brown and green polka dots--I LOVE it. I LOVE how everyone has to think of very creative indoor activities to keep themselves busy.

I LOVE that I got to spend this beautiful day with my two best men!

Here they are! We started at a movie. Aren't rainy days perfect movie days? Every Saturday morning the theatre plays a kid movie and allows families to come for cheap-cheap. This morning we watched Ice Age 3 (PS--movies come out in England about 3-4 months after they come out in America). Jim and I were mildly amused. Talmage wished there were more puppets singing about shapes, but it was a good activity nonetheless.

Me and Jim. Wet and walking through a park.

I really like him!

After the movie we went to the Cambridge Zoology Museum and showed Talmage some pretty old bones. Like that skeleton of a whale in the picture above. By the way, whales are real big.

And that is/was an African elephant.

Jim was really excited to show T this fossil, mostly because it was from Russia.

Look at him checking out that elephant seals choppers!

Aren't those boys cute!
I seriously had to dance in circles, jump up and down and make silly noises to get that reaction from the little one. Yep, I did all of that in the museum. You do what you gotta do.

After the museum, we went to a Family Society reception put on by the Graduate Union. It was really fun for us to meet other parents (and eat yummy snacks), and T had a blast. He played with this toy for a good 35 minutes. He's getting so big and really enjoys interactive toys. I have a date with Ebay tonight--hopefully I'll find some good stuff!

And this is what we love to see! Talmage slept like an angel on the walk home.

I LOVE days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment