Monday, January 9, 2012

Baby Lacey

We have a new love, and her name is Lacey. She is itty-bitty (well, compared to our big boys) and dressed in pink. She likes to sleep and has the sweetest newborn cry when she's hungry. She's warm and melts into your body when you hold her, which you can basically do all day because she loves to cuddle. Being an aunt is the best gift a sibling can give a girl--thanks Care!


On Saturday we drove to Concord to meet our first little niece and it was heavenly. Lacey is just about the cutest thing in the world. I honestly couldn't wait to get that baby in my arms, and the only reason she left my arms was because I had to feed my own sweet baby. Wow, I love her!



Here they are! The super-cute new family of three (with Lacey-Lou in her cadillac swing...that thing is a-mazing) looking as beautiful as ever.


Carolyn is basically my hero. She pushed out a nine-pound-little-Lacey in like FIFTEEN MINUTES. One second I got a text saying that pushing had commenced, the next second I got a picture of Care holding a baby girl. And PS--in that picture she looked like a supermodel. I just don't get how that happens...and obviously my body didn't either!



Evie and T had lots of fun playing with GG at the park, and giving her loves during dinner.


And before we left we attempted to get a cousin shot. No, it was not perfect. But hey, when you're working with a two-year-old, a six-month-old and a 3-day-old you take what you can! Lacey was swing-bound so she could be hooked up to the lights for her jaundice, Evie was in a milk-induced coma, and T was being silly as silly can be.



These two little cousins are almost exactly 6 months apart and I just know they are going to love, love, love each other! I can't wait to see them grow up together. We love you little Lacey. Can't wait to see you again soon. Like, really soon. Like, you wanna come over?

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures and was so very pleased to hear that Lacey had arrived ( though you were late with this news I got it off Face book first)I can't believe that Carolyn has just had a baby in those shots she does indeed look fantastic, I hope Lacey knows already what great cousins she has and how wonderful her Aunt and Uncle are :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete