Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You're not going to believe this!

The dressing came off so the scar can breathe.



A much-needed bath was given and the last line was pulled.

I was taught how to carry him and we took a few walks.


It was determined that Evie's left vocal cord was paralyzed from the surgery and we went downstairs to do a swallow study (an awesome test where they take multiple x-rays while the baby drinks a bottle to determine where the fluid is going). We have a few eating restrictions, but luckily he can still nurse.




And then they sent us home. HOME! Post-op day four and we are at HOME.


It's all a little surreal. I definitely wasn't expecting it. But I'm so excited to be HOME with my boy. Woo-hoo!

12 comments:

  1. That's AMAZING!!!! Couldn't be happier for your fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Heather! That is such a wonderful, wonderful miracle. I am so thrilled for you! Do you need groceries? Someone to watch Talmage, even just in your courtyard? What can I do to help you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing short of a HUGE MIRACLE and BLESSING, from a LOVING Heavenly Father! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fantastic! I've been checking your blog daily for updates and this is the best of all! We've been praying for you guys for weeks and will continue to do so. Love you Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!! Isn't it incredible what the body can do once it is working properly??? Go little man go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy miracle that little Everett is. So glad to hear that things are going well. Sleeping in a little red wagon has got to be one of the cutest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me cry every day! He is such a miracle and dang, he is so precious. Kiss that baby for me, I just want to eat his little face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are in shock...but the kind of shock that has us grinning like Cheshire cats and shaking our heads in amazement. A few of your friends have already used the word miracle which it is, but I shall use the word blessed...you and James have been blessed by Heavenly father to have all the help needed to get your dear little boy through this, I am so very pleased for you big hugs to you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're so happy for you! We prayed all would go well and I put your names on the prayer roll! So exciting! Heather you are such a good example to me, I just enjoy reading your blog and your testimony. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOO HOOO!!!! Go Evie! That is truly a blessing and I'm sure that it helps the whole family relax that he is home in his own bed and smiling that terrific smile. Keep getting stronger, little cousin- we will bring Carter to come play with you one day soon!!!

    ReplyDelete