Monday, January 23, 2012

A busy 24

The last 24 hours have been super busy for our little man. Here's what he's been up to:

Smiling. Oh yes, my friends, that sweet smile is winning nurses over by the dozens. The whole pediatric team rounded on him this morning instead of half the team ONLY because they were told he was such a cute baby and had an amazing smile :)


Sleeping sideways in bed.
Being weaned from his nasal canula and breathing room air.
Sleeping off surgery.

Being transferred to the floor in a little red wagon. I was shocked that it happened so soon, but all the doctors have been very impressed with his recovery so far. He looked so darn cute in that wagon! I've gone through a little bit of shock from not having a personal nurse, but it has its perks also (like not as many beeps at night!)



T came to visit and took a ride of his own around the floor (pediatric unit). He tried to talk Mema into letting him take it into the elevator and home with him, but it didn't work!


Being cute.

And being disconnected from lots of lines, meds and tubes. The chest tube even came out this afternoon which is awesome because it was extremely painful for him and making him so sad.

Drinking Mama's milk straight from the source. I'm hoping that now that the chest tube is gone this will be more successful and less painful.

Rekindling his romance with his thumb. I'm so glad they've reunited!


Watching movie after movie on his personal big screen TV. Such the life!

Wearing a diaper on his foot so that he doesn't kick out his only remaining IV (fat chance, but we're trying).

Playing with Mr. Elephant and Scout that brother brought from home.

Peacefully snoozing. Not that he needs any extra beauty sleep--I think he might just be the most beautiful baby I've ever seen.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive 24 hours! And you are right...his smile is pretty perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. I'm so glad you are finding the time to post. What a beautiful boy. Maybe I get so teary-eyed every time because he reminds me of Remy, but we are so so glad that he seems to be progressing and heading so well. What a special boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. his being transfered in the little red wagon has to be the most adorable thing I have ever seen in a hospital...... well all this confirms my thoughts on the matter...this child is a star! Not just your average glittering variety but the biggest shiniest twinkling star ever! Well done Ev and Mommy and Daddy and doctors surgeons and nurses well done grandparents big brother and friends well done whole team and thank you so very much Heavenly Father xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, he's a sweet beautiful child. It must feel so good to see him smiling. You're right...most beautiful little baby boy I've ever seen. You are a champ! They are blessed little boys to have you as their mama. The Lewises love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, he is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing; it is so wonderful to see him smiling. What a special, sweet boy he is. We are thinking of and praying for Everett and your family constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing little boy you have there! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is beautiful! I'm so glad that things are looking better! So glad. I might have to bring you lunch at home the way things are going:) I'll keep checking in! Hope today goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Welcome home sweet guy! He really is the cutest thing. I see a lot of his cute Mama in him!

    Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery!

    ReplyDelete