Thursday, January 5, 2012

Four years of knowing him

It was four years ago (a few days after Christmas) that I went on my first date with James. I had recently returned from my mission, and was having tons of fun dating and getting to know lots of boys. I had told myself that I was going to live up the single life, and I was. But as soon as I went on a date with Jim, everything changed. I know that saying, "I knew he was the one" sounds silly, naive and totally cliche, but, I knew he was the one. Almost immediately. We went to Scott's seafood for a late lunch and talked for hours. I respected him and admired him. When I got home my mom asked how it went and I answered, "Just call me Mrs. Wigginton because I'm going to marry that guy!" Little did she know I was serious. We were engaged a short time later (like, super short!) and married a short time after that (again, think super short!)


Every year we try to go on a little date around Christmas time and remember that first date, the one that changed our lives for the better, and for forever. This year as we were driving to the restaurant our conversation went something like this:

J: Four years ago went I picked you up I was in a nicer car, was wearing better clothes and had more hair.

Me: I like you more now then I did then.


This year we tried to go back to Scott's seafood, but it was closed to prepare for the new year's dinner rush. So instead we went to a little taqueria with incredible mexican food, had pink lemonade (with two straws) and walked around the outlet mall. It was perfect.

3 comments:

  1. So sweeet, I will never forget how on top of the world you were during that time! You could actually feel love in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so good for each other, we love and miss you both, but so enjoy keeping up with your blog Heather, thank you for sharing such lovely posts with us all it does bring you closer and lets me love those two little boys from afar xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Ben was at your house that time haha. I remember him coming home and telling me you were calling yourself Mrs. Wigginton:)

    ReplyDelete