Tuesday, January 17, 2012

We've been bumped...

Pre-op was all morning. Six hours of Everett being poked, examined, and us being told every last detail of the surgery, the risks and the recovery. The doctors and nurses we met were amazing, but as you can imagine the endless appointments were exhausting. We left this afternoon with our heads wrapped around what would happen tomorrow. We felt at peace.


BUT
At 4 pm we received a call from our surgeon's PA telling us that he had bad news. Everett's surgery was being bumped to Friday because a baby needed emergency surgery tomorrow morning. My stomach turned--for us and for them. This waiting game has been excruciating for me. This may sound weird but I was actually glad the surgery day was upon us so that very soon it would be behind us. To many of you two days probably doesn't sound like a lot, but to me thinking/obsessing/worrying about this surgery for two more days sounds like forever. At the same time, only five months ago we were the family bumping another child's surgery so that our son could receive emergency heart surgery. That is a scary place to sit. Everything is so uncertain, fresh and raw. The world spins and you have no control. I ache for this family, and we are definitely praying for them. I really want to know who they are and I really wish we could help--but we'll leave that in the Lord's hands.

In the meantime, thank you for everyone's prayers, thoughts and love. We will keep you updated with all things Evie very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Last night I was thinking about baby Everett's surgery and you guys and was feeling anxious and worried for you. Still in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zeke's second surgery was bumped for a whole week! I know your stress! I hope you get to have some normalish days with your little man. Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ev will have his surgery the day he is meant to sweetheart, I do know that when you build yourself up for something only to have things changed it startes to make you feel you just may unravel but YOU WILL NOT you and James are an amazing team and I know you will stay strong for eachother, Tal and of course little Everett xx You have been in my thoughts and prayers all day and will be for the next two xx

    ReplyDelete