Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Father's Day Win: A New Toy for Dad

James said this was the best father's day he's ever had. THE BEST! I had kind of hoped that his declaration was based on my phenomenal performance in the kitchen (because just look at that fresh fruit tart) but turns out the real reason this was the best one yet was because we bought him a toy instead of socks! Yes, James is now the proud owner, or should I say father, of a white quadcopter drone and let me tell you that baby has totally consumed every one of his thoughts and daydreams since Sunday morning at 7 am when he opened the big box wrapped in jazzy paper. The shock and excitement on his face let me know that I had done good, reeeaaaal good. It's Tuesday night and the only reason he's not flying it right now is because there's a serious thunderstorm happening right outside our window. Otherwise you know where he'd be (the same place he spent most of Sunday and our Monday FHE!)

Sheep Meadow, that city view, and those boys who were so delighted I can't even begin to tell you. I think we have a new Father's tradition--toys for Dad. I'm guilty of buying need gifts over want gifts, especially for adults, but seeing him revert to an 11-year-old has been so much fun I want to do it again and again and again! I did promise him so many years ago that I would be the spice in his serious life, and this drone was just what all of us needed!

 Quinn and her big city. 

QUINN!!! Oh, you mean this post is supposed to be about the drone? Right, right. But how cute is Quinn?

Come visit and fly with us, I mean him...I wouldn't touch that thing for fear of breaking it if my life depended on it.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me where you found this! Jared would love it. Will you email me the link? kristinwarburton@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete