Saturday, June 20, 2015

Oakley 10K in Central Park

I've decided that 10K's are my jam--long and hard enough to feel accomplished but not so long that you want to die afterwards and regret it for the rest of the month (mm-hm, my half marathon feelings exactly thank you very much). A girlfriend invited us to run the women's only Oakley 10K with her and I'm so, super glad that I jumped on this bandwagon because it was so much fun! We trained for about 7 weeks and called ourselves the BRC--Bad Runners Club. I would say we lived up to our name, but to be honest on race day I was just so proud of us for jogging the whole race and finishing it. WE DID IT!!!  

Pre-race jitters for all!

These cuties (and their Dad and baby sister) were waiting for me on the corner of 70th and Central Park West to cheer and pump me up. It worked! Seeing those littles I love so dearly made me feel like I could win the whole race!

And I did win the race! Ha, just kidding obviously! But I was super proud of myself for finishing and shockingly I can't wait to do another one. The race gave us each a medal and pink carnation and James and the kids brought me gatorade and red roses. It's so fun to accomplish something! 

Me and my babies at the finish line!

I loved seeing all the dads along the race course with babies and strollers in tow, mine included! I love women working together and I love the men that support them--especially this one.

How's that for a family picture!

I'd be lying if I said that running was the best part of the experience because clearly it was our congrats/happy birthday brunch at The Smith! Good girls and good food after a good run, now that is how to have a good Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment