Saturday, June 13, 2015

Conservatory Gardens

NYC is still so intriguing to me. I've lived here (all together) for about 3 1/2 years and I still see things that rock my world. On this particular Saturday, world-rocking came in the form of the Central Park Conservatory Gardens which are more lovely than I ever imagined. They are tucked in the Northeast corner of Central Park and showcase beautiful statues, flowers and fountains. I'll tell you the truth that we went for the free ice cream served from a solar-powered truck/art installation, but the Conservatory Gardens were gorgeous enough to warrant a visit--ice cream or no ice cream.

This was the first thing we saw when we walked into the Gardens and I knew right then that our long walk up there was going to be worth it. Gorgeous!

If the surroundings were less pristine I would have let my boys dive into that fountain just like they do any other NYC water hole. But you're welcome wedding guests, Everett was not successful in jumping feet first to fish for pennies!

Ice cream tastes better when it comes from solar-powered ice cream trucks, especially ones that don't name their flavors by taste but more by color. 

Since we were on Museum Mile we decided to pop into the Museum of the City of New York. They took one long look at us and informed me that it wasn't super child friendly so we could just get the heck out of there ASAP. Just kidding, they didn't kick us out, but I did take their gentle cue and left with all we really wanted anyway--a picture of a shark and a dinosaur standing next to someone who is clearly very important to NYC.

We finally got home with only a second or two to spare before we were off to a Ninjago party for one of T's friends. When I picked him up a couple of hours later he was wearing a new shirt and had that funny ninja scarf tied around his head and I thought he was the most adorable little kindergarten nerd I ever have seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment