Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ever's Birthday Interview




Ever Knight and bacon are like two peas in a pod, at least that's how Ev sees it. There is almost nothing he loves more than bacon, actually I can't think of anything he loves more than bacon! My baby boy turned FOUR today and has been telling me for weeks that all he wanted for his "birfday bweakfast" was bacon--and lots of it! "You can get some donuts for T, but all I weawy want is da bacon Mom!" he told me. Once when he visited Grandma Winnie in Chicago she let him eat as much bacon as he wanted, and he has not forgotten the beauty of that day and has begged to recreate it! So this morning James fried up a pound of bacon and you better believe that baby scarfed it down like he had never eaten before. When I took my one measly slice from his overflowing plate he grinned and said, "Now Mommy, you wouldn't want to take da bacon from da birfday boy, would you?" That little boy knew how to work the system today, that is for sure!

This was the first year that Everett was super dialed into the birthday thing and has been planning his big day since T turned six in March. Last week he rehearsed his meal choices with me one last time, probably for fear I'd forget. "Bacon fo bweakfast. Gway's Papaya fo wunch--I want my own juice. McDonald's fo dinno so dat I can get a toy." He went back and forth on what kind of cake he wanted, but at the last minute bagged the idea completely in exchange for the mysterious new treat Mom told him about: banana splits. His first go at that sweet treat made for birthday gold! I gave him all sorts of options for how we could spend the day, but in the end he opted for playing at Pier 25 with his best bud Hudson and hanging out at home playing with new toys. In many ways the day was unglamorous but in so many ways it was the perfect Everett holiday--low-key, good food and close to home.

Ever Knight is a fiery little monster and the sweetest, cuddliest puppy dog. Sometimes I think I'm beginning to understand him and then he does something new or says something unexpected and I realize that I have a long way to go before I really get this little dude! He's artistic and loves to color and paint and create beautiful artwork. He loves action figures and super heroes and monsters and LOVES to fight--really loves to fight. He's sensitive and easy to cry; he's aggressive and easy to yell. He is the greatest big brother to Quinner and all of the babies in the neighborhood for that matter and he adores his big brother more than words can express. He's a cuddler and will never pass up an opportunity to be held and carried and loved. He's easy to smile and a total flirt, but lately also a little bit shy. He likes attention, but he doesn't need attention--days with him are quiet and easy and super nice. I love that little boy and he truly, deeply loves me back.

Happy birthday dear Ever! This will be a big year for you and I'm excited to be riding shotgun.

Without further adieu, a birthday interview:

What is your favorite...
Color: Orange
Food: Bacon
Game: Uh, not games. Puzzles. I like, uh, I gonna say, uh, I wike my super hero puzzle.
Book: Uh, Da book wif no pictures. Ha! 
Toy: Uh, uh, dis guy. Fwed.  
Treat: Uh, uh, donuts. 
Song: Uh, I love to see the temple.
Thing to learn about: Uh, books. Yah, books. Book, book, book, book.
Animal: Uh, books. hahahah (laughing hysterically!) Ok, cheetahs. 
TV show: Uh, I fink I know what it's going to be. I fink I'm going to like dis one (holding up his new movie from Cousin Sally, Horton Hears a Who).  
Thing to wear: Uh, pajamas. 
Holiday: Uh, Sunday.  

What do you want to be when you grow up? Uh, a superhero. 
If someone was being mean to your brother, what would you do? I would punch them cause I am a superhero.

Who is your best friend? Hudson and Ben
What is something you want to learn to do this year?  Handstands

What is something that you are really good at? Uh, fwips. 
If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? Uh, uh, a twansformer.

If you were an animal, what would you be? I would be an ewephant and an eagle because ewephants and eagles have E's in their sounds.
What do you want someone to invent? Uh, I don't know. A machine, dat can take over houses.

If you could have a magic power, what would it be? Ice power...I fink, but maybe I'd be hawkeye wif a bow and arrow. 
How many kids do you want to have when you grow up and get married? 11. Because I want dewe names to be Evwit. I hope dewe's a boy!

What kind of house would you like to live in: an igloo, a tree house, a castle, a cave, or our house? A twee house because you get to cwimb up it and we wuv to cwimb.
Who is the prettiest girl in the whole world? You! 

Where do you want to go on your mission? Dis is so wong I can't even bweath! To Colowado. 
What's your favorite scripture story? Uh, David and Goliath.

No comments:

Post a Comment