Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Miss Vera

We spent last Sunday with our dear neighbor and friend Miss Vera, learning about her childhood in Germany and just generally enjoying her company. She loves our Quinny dearly, and I was so pleased when she asked to hold her so that I could snap some pictures. My children are always surrounded with good people in this city, but few with as much history and experience as Vera so it's an extra big treat for us all to hear stories from her long and remarkable life.   

It was thunder storming outside and before we knew it Everett had curled up in a little ball on Vera's couch and fell asleep to the pitter patter of rain on the metal A/C window unit. It warmed my heart to think that he was so comfortable in her house and reminded me of falling asleep on my Nana's couch so many years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment