Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Kinder Market

I was at school on time, but the line at the security desk was a mile long so by the time I got my badge and walked into the main hall it was 8:52, two minutes after the start of the 15 minute open house in T's class. I turned the corner to his hallway and could hear a familiar little voice from inside a familiar little classroom saying, "I know my Mom is coming. My Mom is going to be here soon. Don't worry, Mom is coming." When I finally entered his room (camera in hand, obviously) I saw a little boy--MY little boy--whose thrill to see me was evident in his ear to ear grin and clapping hands. My reasons I love being a stay-at-home mom are as long as that security line, and T's excitement and love that morning made my heart burn with gratitude that I have made the choice (and can make the choice) to be home with my babies. There was nowhere, absolutely NOWHERE, I would rather have been that morning than with my little cashier being led hand-in-hand around the Kinder Market.

The kids in T's class have been working on this Kinder Market for weeks. They started by touring Trader Joe's and learning about how to run a supermarket, and then they submitted job applications for the position they wanted to have in their very own store. The week of the market they spent painting signs and organizing food and planning every detail in their market. These kids are so wonderful and their teacher is top-notch and so of course their Kinder Market was a success (especially the sample table--thank you TJ's for the inspiration!)

 
We may not win in the selfie category, but boy we have a whole lotta love between us and have lots of fun visiting big brother in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment