Thursday, June 18, 2015

GNO: The Whitney

My friend Elise invited some friends out on a girls date (including baby Maia, swoon) to the new Whitney Museum in Chelsea. The art is modern and fresh and the galleries are white-walled, spacious and clean. Some of the art I loved and some of the art I didn't but the greatest part about an art museum for a non-artist like myself is figuring out what art speaks to me and what it says. Of course the best part of the GNO was the view from the rooftop gallery, the conversations both silly and serious, and my first ever black and white cookie (it's about time I tried one of those!)    

The view!!! I wish I could (would) carry my big camera around with me more often (ever) but I'm so grateful that I have this silly phone that can take pictures on the fly. On the bottom right of this picture is a rooftop restaurant with gorgeous twinkle lights and warm music playing. I cannot even express how much I want to eat at that restaurant--I stared at it for ages.



These were some of my favorites. I guess I'm a patriot or something!

Another successful GNO logged into my NYC memory bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment