Monday, June 29, 2015

Last day of school! Last day of school!

Hooray! Woo-hoo! Ay, Ay, Ay! School is officially out and holy hannah are we excited to party it up all summer long. It's about time I got my little adventurer back with me because this city and us Wiggy's are going to make an awfully good team for the next couple of months. That does not mean, however, that there weren't MAJOR tears shed on the last day of school--by me, obviously. I couldn't even look at Talmage, Ms. Steiner, or anyone in his class without breaking down in sobs. She is the BEST teacher and this was the best year and I look back at the me from 10 months ago who was considering not ever sending her child to school (or kidnapping him from school drop-off!) and I'm so glad she/I decided that this Ms. Steiner was someone worth trusting. I could never be more grateful for the introduction to education that she offered my baby boy and our whole family. {If you're reading this Chelsea--thank you! And if you're reading this future Ms. Steiner students--consider yourself the luckiest!}  

This picture was actually taken the second to last day of school when Ms. Steiner had a free second to spare for a picture with T. He told me after the last bell rang, "Mom, Ms. Steiner cried a lot at closing circle today. I cried too Mom, because I really love her and I'm going to miss her. I almost wish I could just stay in school so I could still see her everyday." If you know how much that little boy loves adventures you know that him wanting to spend a summer in school is a HUGE deal. That Ms. Steiner, she's something special and worth it!

The actual last day of school. This picture was taken after I cried at home reminiscing about how his first day of school (and birth for that matter) felt like just yesterday, and before dropping him off at school and crying when I realized that we won the school/teacher jackpot this year. Talmage was just excited for school to be done so that he could order the double ice cream cone he's been coveting for weeks.

Daddy has been the drop-off hero this year and these two are so cute every morning. They have loved their traditions of running down the stairs instead of taking the elevator, racing to each corner to see who is fastest, and T is sure to tell me when Daddy sings "Oh what a beautiful morning" on the street to embarrass him! I love that they've had this special time to share together.

T and some of his school buddies.

Ms. Denise is the para-professional in the classroom and she is amazing! She is great at explaining things to the children and they love her for helping them with everything. As if having Ms. Steiner as a teacher wasn't great enough, we got Ms. Denise as a cherry on top.

These two little line partners spent a good portion of the year thinking that they were pre-arranged to marry because they had to hold hands walking to and from class! T actually told another classmate once when she proposed to him (not joking), "Sorry, I can't marry you because I'm pretty sure we all have to marry our line partners so I'm marrying Violet!" Love that girl and ok with that prospect!

Double cone, yo! SUMMER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment