Tuesday, September 13, 2016

In the Books.

I volunteered at the Book Fair during T's library hour yesterday and gosh, I love that kid. The students were all invited to write down their top three book requests and then the paper got sent home in hopes that the parents will come purchase the books and support the school. Anyway, watching T walk around the room with his clipboard and pencil and seeing the books he is most interested in was amazing. My firstborn is getting so HUGE and while I was thumbing through picture books he was requesting the newest Harry Potter and 4th grade fact books about the most dangerous animals. His brain is a beautiful thing and watching him devour books makes me so happy for the adventure he's allowing it to have. After our allotted time in the library the students lined up to go back to class and I slowly made my way to the school's front exit, but not without a few look-backs, a wave and a blown kiss, and telling the security guard that it was taking everything in me to not snatch him up and take him home with me. School is such a fantastic place for kids to learn and grow and even though I miss them while they're there, I'm just glad for days like this where I get to be a part of his magical world. (No, I didn't cry. Yes, I almost cried. Yes, my stomach felt sick with missing-him-ness. Yes, the security guard probably put me on his short list. No, I'm not that crazy!) 

After school we made our way back to the book fair so that my chickens could each pick out a special book to buy. I think every other parent at the school had the same idea and that place was NUTS! I obviously caved under pressure because I let them pick out two books instead of one and even let Ever buy one of those horrible Lego readers (snore!) Quinner was thrilled with her Pinkabella book and felt like such a big girl at school with her brothers. These kids make my heart swell. Another great day in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment