Friday, September 30, 2016

She's One Until She's Absolutely Not

We have a rule in my house, and it's called "Don't you dare age my baby one second sooner than you have to!" Quinny may be two tomorrow but today she is one. ONE YEAR OLD. Yes, when people see me and my talking toddler out and about and ask me how old she is I tell it like it is; she's one. Not two. Not almost two. Not nearly two. She is one. They look skeptical but I hold strong, because that whole babies don't keep thing is proving true with this little lady. (This law is not Quinn specific, Cora is three months old until further notice even though James always tries to round up to four. Nope, not OK. I don't care that she's less than a week away from graduating to that next age! Keep my babies babies, you hear?!) 

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being two. In fact, Quinn is going to be a stellar two year old--I can already feel it! She's always been spicy and independent and holy hannah she can throw a fit so the typical two-year-old traits that are so scary don't worry me; but she will continue to get smarter and learn more words and already it's SO MUCH FUN to hear how her mind works and the thought-process behind the 'tude. This girl has opinions and this girl has confidence and this girl is going places. Yes, yes, Quinny will make two look good and I'm just thrilled to see it.

But as of today? There is no two-year-old Quinn anywhere to be seen. Just me and my one-year-old.

Some recent favorite Quinny snaps: 




My favorite part of this picture is seeing the other customer smile while looking at my girl. We didn't know them, but they were smitten with Quinn and I didn't see them in this picture until later. Knowing that she can put a smile on the faces of strangers makes my heart sing with pride. She's such a joy.


When you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Quinny has been doing this silly smile every time I ask her for a picture lately...so I decided to twin her. She thought it was hilarious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment