Monday, September 5, 2016

Our today

I have so much to catch up on documenting. We went to Disneyland for the last time with our annual passes a few weeks back. Jordan and Madelyn came to visit with the sweetest Lu. Our Cora Nicole was blessed at church. The kids are busy looking cute, saying witty things and being involved in awesome things, all of which deserve deliberate documentation. So much from yesterday I need to remember, but I'll worry about back-tracking on a more boring day (tomorrow, most likely). Because today...today was a wonderful day and I want to write about it right now.

{In all honesty I kind of want to be sleeping right now, not writing. I'm so tired all the time these days! But if I must write (and I must--Wigginton's are not quitters) then I want to write about today. Just keeping it real.}

A while back Everett won tickets to the Santa Monica Pier for our whole family--rides and food included--and since James was off of work today we decided to make it happen. The kids were over the moon thrilled. We stayed for four hours, ate greasy food in all it's varieties, went on a slew of carni rides, played a game as a family and did not win a prize and left feeling very satisfied. Things I learned about my children at Pacific Park today are as follows: 
  • Talmage now loves to take pictures and asks me repeatedly to take photos of him at various locations, but he is either not looking at the camera or purposely being ridiculous in all of them. His future wife and their wedding video will not be happy, but he doesn't seem to care! 
  • Everett, who is notorious for crying at theme parks and being a little bit of a wet blanket, LOVES fast rides that spin. This was news to me since he despises nearly every ride at Disneyland and would usually weep when we even mentioned going, but sure enough his favorite ride today was called the Scrambler and boy was it crazy fast. You learn something new every day.
  • You can expect Quinn to look like she's in pain, scared and miserable through 90 percent of any ride she goes on, but the second it's over she's clapping, cheering, asking for more, and fighting about having to take off her seat belt and get out. The process had me seriously LOL-ing. That girl is just so, so fun. 
  • Cora is a saint of a baby. As long as she's not in the car, she's not out past bedtime and she's not being put down, you literally will not hear a peep from her. That girl is along for the ride in all the right ways. I love her!









After the pier we hit up Salt & Straw, the fanciest and yummiest little ice cream shop in Venice. Ice cream for dinner is definitely the right way to finish off a day of healthy eating choices, cough cough. But believe me, this place was worth every calorie and has now made its way onto my tourist list when company comes a-knocking. The flavors were so interesting. For example, I had almond brittle and sea salt, James had lavender rocky road, Ever tried bone marrow and black cherry and Quinn had cinnamon toast with apple butter. T had ooey gooey brownie, which while not totally weird was amazingly good. We ate ice cream, then headed to OSH to pick out flowers for our new house. Life has changed so much in the last month, and I'm still breathing in the beauty of it. 

3 comments:

  1. We love the Scrambler too! Piper snd I would ride it and would have screaming contests. Did Everett get a whole scoop of bone marrow & cherry or just try it? --Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He tried it and said it was disgusting! Did you try it? I love that place! Let's go back together!

      Delete
    2. He tried it and said it was disgusting! Did you try it? I love that place! Let's go back together!

      Delete