Saturday, March 18, 2017

A Birthday Mani/Pedi

As far as friends go, Melissa is the cream of the crop. When we had first moved to LA I found myself homesick for my life in NYC, lonely for fun friends and ridiculously hormonal after a surprising positive pregnancy test. She invited our family over for some Halloween chili and cornbread and between the delicious food (that I kept down after being sick for weeks) and the amazing company I basically decided to leech myself to her--and let's just say I've been pretty successful! If she was signing her boys up for sports, I was too, and probably calling the league to request to be on the same team. If she was going to Target, I was too, and buying one too many items from the dollar section. If she was volunteering at the school, I was too, and bringing the little baby besties along for the ride. All of our kids match up except for her oldest and my youngest and it just seems like a friendship match made in heaven. We've had hundreds of playdates, girls nights, long and deep talks, silly conversations, ice cream Friday's, single-mom-with-a-paycheck freak out sessions, recipe swaps, mid-week lunch dates and shopping trips in the last 18 months and I hope there are hundreds more where they came from. 

Melissa had a big birthday at the beginning of February (I'm so behind in blogging) and I took her out for a mid-week mani/pedi appointment at a spa in Santa Monica. It's always fun to go out together, but when it's the middle of the afternoon and your kids are home with a sitter it seems all the more special and glam! We topped off the spa sesh with the yummiest lunch at Lemonade and then we were home to real life--girls peeing their underwear, boys in trouble at school and endless dishes and laundry. But boy did they seem more manageable after such a great adventure. 

Happiest birthday to you Melissa. Thank you for being the greatest friend a girl could ever ask for, a role model of motherhood and discipleship and just an overall brilliant human being. Love you, love you!  




No comments:

Post a Comment